Saturday, July 22, 2006

Program Latihan Khidmat Negara(PLKN)_National Service(NS), Here I come!

Here I am now, sitting here writing about my admission into PLKN for 2007. I remember just last night I was inform by a friend of mine that the list is out but she has problems logging in the site: www.khidmatnegara.gov.my

Apparently, the website can't handle the huge flood of 16/17 year olds like me checking their status, IN? or OUT? Trying for 10 minutes, I finally gave in and planned to try the next day. Hm… how do I put it…. Just like my body’s biological clock is programmed automatically, I woke up at 4am this morning and went online. To my surprise I made it in! As a complement, I checked my friend’s and also every ELS member as I have their IC on records. Found out quite a lot made it in:

  • Nicholas
  • Liaw
  • Tay(me)
  • Kenny
  • Danny
  • Paul
  • Adriel
  • Mark

What do I feel I wonder? Being congratulated by “Tahniah, anda telah dipilih menyertai Program Latihan Khidmat Negara”, I have a batch of mixed emotions. From the start, when I heard of NS, I’ve never liked it nor dread it. My standing is that if I’m chosen, I’ll go willingly and put is as a blessing and challenge. I would come back home slimmer, stronger and even tan! If not chosen, then I’ll just take A levels or STPM?

Definitely I’m going to take my sweet December getting tougher for NS. I’d rather suffer first at the comfort of my home before hitting camp able to take things easier. I hope that I’m that 10-20 percent of trainees who get posted to Peninsular. :P If not, Miri would be fine.

Well, anyway, if any of you reading this got chosen, I wish you a great and happy 3 months.

For those not chosen, the best of luck in your future endeavors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, i hear your excitement. I was that euphoric when I got it too but not anymore. Which batch did you get? I'm doomed for the second. Why the second? Why... Ish, though unlike you I wish to be posted in West Malaysia, either Sabah or Sarawak as I live in the peninsular. Anyway, good luck.

Anonymous said...

hey timothy..
i need a favour how do i check for the second and third batch as i only know to check for the first batch....if u know the web add cud u pass to my mail...
charmini_law_gal@yahoo.com
tq..