Monday, March 09, 2009

God?

I had this harddisk failure last week when I came back to Kuching, my first thought was crap, I didn't back up. I cursed my luck and as I took the now-decommissioned Harddisk for a test run at my friend's pc, the only thing I could think of at that time was to pray... Well, if god doesn't answer prayers, then I must be really lucky.

I recently upgraded to vista, and enabled auto system backup to another functioning drive. The prob is, I never actually let it run before. The schedule was 2am every Sunday but my computer is never on at that time. I left Kuching on Friday and that's when everything started to fit together.

First, I forgot to turn off the PC before i left.
Second, my father did not turn off the PC till past Sunday, enabling it to Backup for it's FIRST and FINAL time on the 3rd of March.

Now guess wad, I was saved from my FIRST HD failure from my FIRST backup. :D
Accursed Western Digital Sata drive.

And this my friend, is a miracle, to a geek. >.<

No comments: